Case Study Implementation Of Document Automation In International Law Firm
Implementation Of Document Automation In International Law Firm
Drafting time saved
Interconnected and Bundled Templates
Kinstellar is a leading independent law firm in Emerging Europe, Turkey and Central Asia, with offices in Almaty and Nur-Sultan (Kazakhstan), Belgrade (Serbia), Bratislava (Slovakia), Bucharest (Romania), Budapest (Hungary), Istanbul (Turkey), Kyiv (Ukraine), Prague (the Czech Republic), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Tashkent (Uzbekistan).
- 11 offices in 10 countries
- 250+ lawyers
- 7,500+ matters
- 12 years in operation
This case study was presented at KM Summit 2019 in London.
“We preferred Legito to other document assembly systems we tested because Legito allows us to automate documents without coding or programming.”
- 11 offices
- Only two offices with over 40 lawyers
- Relatively small volume of documents produced
- No resources that could be dedicated solely to preparing document automation
- How to make the initiative profitable
- We tested two document automation software solutions for three months
- The testing group consisted of three people from three different offices – Almaty (Counsel), Bucharest (Know-how lawyer), Prague (Head of Know-how)
- Automated two pledge agreements using each of the products
- Price – license, consultancy
- Ease of use for author and user – learning curve
- Can authors create automated templates without knowing how to code
- Time needed to automate simple / complex documents
- Quality of training by the provider
- Further training needed post trial period
- Would customization be required prior to launch
- Costs / time required for customization
- Quality of Client Services (support)
- Advanced features
- Reputation of the provider
- Speed of the software
- Ease of exit
- Planned product development
- When we started to implement Legito, the online Power User Traning Course wasn’t yet available. For that reason, we organized a 2-day intensive workshop for our workspace administrators and automated templates creators.
- First, we automated an Engagement letter specialized for the Prague office in two languages: English and Czech. Afterwards, we used the English version of the Engagement letter as an example to automate Engagement letters in other offices.
- At the same time, we began to automate a complex set of security documents for bank transactions, consisting mostly of Pledge Agreements.
- The automated set of security document allows our Prague office to produce documents for each transaction 10x faster.
- Combined, Kinstellar lawyers have published 28 automated templates to date. Many are inter-connected (settings for, or data inserted into one document affect other related documents).
- An international law firm operating in a region with many different languages, Kinstellar frequently uses Legito’s “automatic translations” and “bilingual documents” features which further reduces our drafting times.
- Some Kinstellar templates automatically pull data from company registers thus avoiding manual data entry.
More Case Studies and Interviews